Most Wanted Study Destination !
More than 70% of Pakistani students are choosing Australia as their study abroad destination. The International Education Advisory Council forecast a 30% rise in the number of international students studying in Australia within the next seven years.
Australia has a lot to offer international students, some of the most distinctive features of studying in Australia are as below:
Education: Degrees attained from Australian universities are recognized all over the world. The nation’s higher education industry is federally regulated as Australian government assess all universities in the country yearly to make sure they are maintaining their high standards.
There are several academic reasons for choosing to study in Australia:
- A wide range of specialist institutions
- Modern teaching styles
- Many services and support for international students
- Worldwide acceptance of Australian higher education standards
Cost: When it comes to tuition fee and living costs, Australia compares positively with other top destination countries for international students.
- Estimated living expenses: AU$12,000 to AU$18,000 per year
- Average Undergraduate course fees: AU$6,000 to AU$12,000 per year.
- Average Graduate course fees: AU$11,000 to AU$18,500 per year.
- Course duration: 3-4 years for undergraduate courses and 1 or more years for postgraduate courses
The number of people who migrated to Australia in the past year 2013 was almost double as compared to year 2012, with the increasing number of immigrants coming from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sudan.
Currently, every third person wants to immigrate from Pakistan to established and economically stable countries. Everyone wants to economically prosper and majority of the people find by immigrating, and when it comes to immigration, the “Land of Kangaroos”, Australia wins the race, as a number of Pakistanis has migrated to Australia for the bright future of their families.
Australia has developed its immigration policy which encourages anyone who meets the selection criteria to apply to immigrate regardless of sex, religion or ethnic and national origin.
Because of this country’s rising participation in international markets, a larger importance is now placed on the “skill” aspect of the Migration Program. This is due to a specific skills deficit in the Australian workforce.
To decrease these shortages, the Australian Government is very eager to attract highly skilled labour abroad. Occupations most in need includes:
- Professionals (Information Technology);
- Managers and Administrators;
- Associate Professionals; and
- Trades persons
Advantages of Australia’s immigration system include:
- Australia provides work rights without any restriction to the spouses of skilled sponsored workers with temporary and permanent entry visas.
- There is no limit on number of visas for professionals and other skilled migrants using the temporary entry program.
- Australia has more flexible and streamlined temporary entry arrangements than other countries.
- A temporary principal visa holder, once in Australia, is generally able to apply for most permanent visas.